Choosing a heating and cooling contractor can be difficult. There are many equipment manufacturers to choose from and installation prices can vary depending on the contractor. Sometimes it’s hard not to choose the cheapest price based on that aspect alone. The problem is the cheapest price doesn’t necessarily mean quality. Make sure you research the companies you are receiving quotes from before you sign any paperwork.
Below are some questions you may want to ask each contractor in order to understand what type of service you can expect.
- Do they have insurance?
- Are they bonded?
- Do they offer after hours service and do they have technicians on call 24 hours a day should you experience any equipment failure?
- How long have they been in business?
- What accreditation do they have?
- Do they have references?
- Do they guarantee their work?
- Do they have an office that you can physically go to should you require assistance or have questions?
- What sets them apart from other contractors?
- Do they offer financing?
- Do they have an informative and user friendly website?
Once you have the proper information about each contractor, you will better understand the pricing, equipment, workmanship and post-installation service you can expect. Now your decision will be based on the contractor that best suits your needs, rather than just a number at the bottom of a quote.
Langton ClimateCare has been keeping families in the greater Hamilton area comfortable for over 20 years. We are proud to be active in the community with charities and organizations.
Call Langton ClimateCare today and ask about our complete range of home comfort services, including maintenance, service and installation of furnaces, air conditioners, hot water heaters, tank-less water heaters, boilers, fireplaces, generators and more.